Cardinal Hume Catholic School
School Direct – A New Pathway into Teaching
The School Direct pathway will allow you to work alongside outstanding practitioners from Cardinal Hume Catholic School and our other partner schools. The trainee will start the year in school on the first day of term and work the life of a teacher for three terms. Trainees are treated as members of staff and benefit for a professional life that reflects the school ethos and community. All trainees will be registered for the PGCE.
All entrants will have attained a minimum grade C in GCSE English and Mathematics. Entrants must hold a minimum of a 2:2 degree from a UK university or a degree from CNAA, or a recognised equivalent qualification. For entrants with degrees from overseas, please contact N.A.R.I.C.
What we offer
The aim of the day is to give potential School Direct applicants an opportunity to:
- Find out further information regarding the School Direct route into teaching and placement vacancies;
- Gain experience in the classroom and watch lessons in an outstanding school;
- Strengthen their application;
- Prepare for potential interviews;
- Talk to teachers about day-to-day school life
To book a place or for further information, please contact Carolyn Adams: email – firstname.lastname@example.org Places
are limited – book now to avoid disappointment. You can also sign up and register your interest here:
Further information coming soon.